CD-writer

The Debian 1.1 system in the unstable/ directory of the archives
contains the "cdwrite" and "mkisofs" packages. These support creation
of ISO-9660 CDs with Rockridge extensions on the Yamaha, HP, and
Philips CD-writers. The CD-writer hardware can not stand
data-underflows while recording, they ruin the disc when one happens.
Thus, I suggest your system be un-loaded when creating a CD. A
bus-master SCSI interface is required, and some of them require a bit
of tuning to create CDs at full speed with a 4X recorder. 2X recorders
are more forgiving.

We also provide you with everything necessary to write and sell Debian CDs.

	Bruce
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184,592,498 domestic, $49 million overseas and counting.