Re: EZ-Drive or Zip Drive question

On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Dennis Chambers wrote:
> I am getting ready to purchase either an Iomega Zip Drive or a Syquest EZ-Drive.
> My question is does linux support them? If yes, with what interfaces, scsi, ide, or
> parallel port?

Hi.  I asked this question about the IDE version of the Syquest.  Although I
have not been able to purchase one yet, I did talk to people who have them
already.  The IDE version behaves just like an IDE HD.  If you have a cartridge
in at boot time, Linux recognizes it as a hard drive.  The only confusion as
of a few months ago regarded the question of how to unmount a cartridge with
the system running.  I don't know anything about scsi myself.

Syrus.

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu>    UCSD Physics Dept.