Installation help

OK.. I didnt want to resort to filling up this mailing list but I am
frustrated.  The problem is that I have the entire Debian installation
software on a DOS partition, from which I want to install from.  When I
boot up with the boot and root disks, I am not allowed to mount the
msdos drive, which is /dev/hdc1.  I am installing to a logical partition
on /dev/hda7 which is linux-ready to go.  I tried going to the shell,
and mounting it, which worked, but I have no ls or cp command to view
it.  After I mounted it, I tried to install but it would only let me
install from CDrom or floppy, no option for hard drive.  I even
formatted another partition to linux, in the hopes that I could copy the
files from the MSDOS drive to the linux drive to install, but alas, no
"cp" command in the boot shell.  ARgh.. please help me.. Thanks

Tom F. Moore, III 			http://www.acs.appstate.edu/~tm11369
- Simple, short and sweet sig file...