last question

 I really appreciate all the help people have given on this group, it has
 been very prompt and pertinent!  I almost have everything running great
 on my debian machine, but have one last problem.  In X, for some strange
 reason, if I try to put a .xsession file in my home dir as root or another user,and run startx, it always just bombs out back to the prompt.  I have
 made the .xsession file +x, and it just contains one line "xterm &".  I
 even renamed it to .xinitrc, and .xinit, but to no avail.  Anyone have
 any idea why it wont read my .xsession?  Thanks!

Tom F. Moore, III 			http://www.acs.appstate.edu/~tm11369
- Simple, short and sweet sig file...