Re: Seg 11 in GCC

> Would you have had as much problem with my last paragraph if I had
> said, "That would tend to cast significant doubt on the common
> assertion that a SIG11 in GCC can _always_ be inextricably linked to a
> hardware problem, no?"

I don't think thay anyone would argue that a failure in the kernel VM
system or a plain old software bug could cause the same error. In the
case of a failure in the VM system or an uninitialized memory bug you
might even see the failure happen in different places each time.

How often is it one or the other? I have no data. I only wanted to
make the case that a hardware problem sometimes _is_ the cause.

	Bruce
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184,592,498 domestic, $49 million overseas and counting.