Re: installing ELF-stuff

Maarten Boekhold wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had 2 replies sofar about how to do the upgrade, and succeeded in
> installing all libc5 related stuff, together with the new libc4 package,
> and gcc and the like.
>
> Now, I want to use DDD, but it depends on elf-x11r6lib, which is provided
> by the xlib-package in unstable. When I install this, it replaces my old

There is another package with a-out compatibility lib's.  These now get
put in another place, but when I did it ldconfig was correctly
configured to find them.

About half of "my" programs are still a.out, and they work fine.

David L. Johnson         		dlj0@lehigh.edu, dlj0@netaxs.com
Department of Mathematics		http://www.lehigh.edu/~dlj0/dlj0.html
Lehigh University
14 E. Packer Avenue			(610) 758-3759
Bethlehem, PA 18015-3174		(610) 828-3708