Re: a video problem

On Tue, 2 Apr 1996, Francisco Avelino da Silva Freitas wrote:

> I bought a new PC, with the Atlantis
> Intel motherboard. This board has a built in video controller called
>
> 			ATI - 264CT PCI graphic controler

I'm running into a similar problem as the one you are with my system. Here
is an excerpt from the XFree86 FAQ that may be what you are looking for.
I haven't had the chance to try the latest beta version of XFree86 so I
don't know if the suggested solution will work.

-------------begin XFree86 FAQ extract----------------------
                       Q.F14- MACH64 "CT" AND "ET" CHIPS

From: XFree86 FAQ

   These versions of the Mach64 chipset include an on-chip RAMDAC and clock
   generator and do not work with the current (full) release. Additionally,
   some cards using the "GX-F (GX rev 3)" versions may not work with the
   current release.

   These chips are supported in the latest beta release, however, be sure
   to read item G4.
-------------end XFree86 FAQ extract-----------------------

When I spoke with the ATI tech support people they suggested that I look
at the "System Information" item in the DOS install program to determine
exactly which RAMDAC I have installed.

                            Steven Bosnick
                         sbosnick@uoguelph.ca
                                                            VP External
Philosophy Department                    Graduate Students' Association
University of Guelph                               University of Guelph