Re: Problem with 3COM 509 and 1.1 Boot Disks

On Fri, 5 Apr 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I may have left the 3c509 driver in a module. Try "modprobe 3c509" as root
> and see if it finds it. Ignore the message about run-time probing not being
> reliable. It is definitely linked into the kernel on the next disk set.
> I have this card on my own system.

I tried this and was told that the module was not found.  I also looked
around in /lib/modules and there were no 3c509 modules.  I guess that it
isn't there at all!

Carlo

    *                            Carlo U. Segre                           *
    *      Department of Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences       *
    *        Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL 60616          *
    *   Voice: (312) 567-3498                      FAX: (312) 567-3494    *
    *                      segre@charlie.acc.iit.edu                      *