Re: Dain Bramaged

Intent is one thing.  Impact is another.

"I tried to put a downspin on the ping-pong ball, but had a weak grip on
my paddle, so the ball floated just past the edge of the table."

"I tried to convey an idea, but used language with overtones (for some)
I hadn't intended, and hence failed to communicate my message as
accurately as I'd hoped"

The two are sometimes closely related, but should never be confused for
each other.