Re: linux spreadsheets

' ALLAN W. BART wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Ok this is the week, Linux is going up on the computer, so after i get it
> up what am i going to use it for. I still run dos applications. I once
> had an integrated package called smart, ultimately it was sold to agnoss
> in  Canada. I remember the spreat sheet in thje dos version as being
> really exceptional. so has anyone used this baby.

Don't know this package, but have recommendations.  I have used sc and
its clones (ss is a nice clone, but hard to find, or xspread), but find
them lacking.  I currently use Wingz, which does all the stuff a
spreadsheet ought to do, include read/write at least to older lotus
formats.  sc (etc), though occasionally rumored to do so, do not read or
write in any Lotus-type format, but use a straightforward ascii file
format that I wish commercial spreadsheets would emulate.

Wingz is marginally commercial ($50), and based on Motif.

--

David L. Johnson         		dlj0@lehigh.edu, dlj0@netaxs.com
Department of Mathematics		http://www.lehigh.edu/~dlj0/dlj0.html