Re: xdm configuration

> In message <[🔎] 9707280310.AA17256@singa.math.nus.sg>, writes:
>   >Now I try to run xdm and it doesn't start.  I have a xdm-start
>   >line in my /etc/X11/config and on boot it reports that it is
>   >starting up xdm.  Manually `xdm start` or `xdm` do nothing.
>   >What else do I need to configure?
>
> This is my /etc/X11/config:
>
>   # This file contains configuration flags for the X Window System.
>   # For a description of the meanings of the flags, see
>   # /usr/doc/X11/debian.README
>
>   run-xconsole
>   obey-nologin
>   allow-user-resources
>   allow-user-modmap
>   allow-user-xsession
>   allow-failsafe
>   start-xdm
>   start-fs
>   no-xdm-start-server
>
> run-xconsole may be the item you are missing?

I don't think so, I have xdm running with run-xconsole commented out.
That is no problem.  If you comment it out you just don't see all those
error messages in the console window passing by :)

Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032