Re: xdm configuration

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, E.L. Meijer (Eric) wrote:

> > In message <[🔎] 9707280310.AA17256@singa.math.nus.sg>, writes:
> >   >Now I try to run xdm and it doesn't start.  I have a xdm-start
> >   >line in my /etc/X11/config and on boot it reports that it is
> >   >starting up xdm.  Manually `xdm start` or `xdm` do nothing.
> >   >What else do I need to configure?
> >
> > This is my /etc/X11/config:
> >
> >   # This file contains configuration flags for the X Window System.
> >   # For a description of the meanings of the flags, see
> >   # /usr/doc/X11/debian.README
> >
> >   run-xconsole
> >   obey-nologin
> >   allow-user-resources
> >   allow-user-modmap
> >   allow-user-xsession
> >   allow-failsafe
> >   start-xdm
> >   start-fs
> >   no-xdm-start-server
      ^^^
      I don't really know, but should this be
      xdm-start-server??

> > run-xconsole may be the item you are missing?
>
> I don't think so, I have xdm running with run-xconsole commented out.
> That is no problem.  If you comment it out you just don't see all those
> error messages in the console window passing by :)
>
> Eric

: W. Paul Mills          : Bill, I was there several years ago.     :
: Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A. : Why would I want to go back tomorrow?    :
: wpmills@midusa.net     : Where were you!                          :
: paulmills@bix.com      : Linux:     Tomorrow's operating system,  :
: paulmills@aol.com      :            here, today.                  :
: compuserve 70023,1750  : #define MY_TRUE_LOVE computer            :
:--------------  http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/  -------------: