Re: Disappointment with Debian

Daniel,

You're not providing us with enough information to work on.

On Jul 28, Daniel J. Mashao wrote
> Now the Xserver is mixed up

What do you mean? Does it dump core or not? Do you get an image or not? Does
it only work for some users? Do you get error messages? If so, which? Is
your /etc/X11/XF86Config OK?

?

> Only root can use dip etc.

What permissions does dip have ("ls -al /usr/sbin/dip"; on my system
"-rwsr-xr--   1 root     dip", thus only root and members of group "dip" can
use it)? Which users are in group "dip"?

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go