Re: Compressed docs and man pages in Debian packages

> I just looked at the new packages in 1.3.1.  I tried to installing
> jdk1.1 and find out that all the documentation provided by Sun (API,
> demos) are compressed.

I did that because that was what the Debian policy called for.  I wish
I hadn't.  For the next release of the JDK (any day now, I hope), I am
going to make all of the documentation uncompressed.

Unfortunately, compressing the HTML docs breaks many of the links.
Until I release a new version, try:

gunzip -r /usr/doc/jdk1.1

That should uncompress all of the files.  Sorry about all that.

Cheers,

 - Jim