Re: FTP site

matthew.r.pavlovich.1 <mpav@purdue.edu> writes:
> The problem is not the server being up or down.  When it is up, I am not
> able to connect because the server cannot reverse-resolve my hostname.

Hi,
     AFAIK, the reverse-dns-lookup failure is due to misconfiguration
of your ISPs DNS configuration.  If your ISP can't or won't fix it
your only salvation is to get a new ISP.  That is what I had to do.

     In the meantime, there is a good mirror at llug.sep.bnl.gov,
which does not do a reverse-dns-lookup (or at least didn't a couple of
months ago before I changes ISPs).

Bob
--
   _