Netscape install was Re: memory usage and Netscape

While we are on the topic, I have had problems using the debian install
package to install Netscape 4.05. I copy the .tar.gz file (somethinging
like netscape-405-unknown-linux20-export.tar.gz, IIRC), rename it by
deleting the "export" word (so the install package doesn't complain) and
do a

dpkg -i netsca~2.deb

(my debian CD was cut from a DOS/win3.11 system. So shoot me.)

and then I get an error message something like

illegal seek: ns-install.

plus the usual unable to install package messages.
It's not as if ns-install isn't there, either, because I untarred and
gunziped it by hand and used the self-same script to install it,
heretically not using the .deb package. Is there something that's eluding
me?

Andrew Tarr

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate"
|___
http://multinet.co.nz/personalhomepages/locusmeus/antechamber.html