Re: Linux system Instalation - CRC Error

I have a feeling that Debian /Linux is particularly sensitive to media defect. Even
when I use disk that are formatted perfectly in win95, I still get error during
installing.
Something retrying works.

But the easiest way out is to get a new box of floppy. You would need 9 disks,
about a box.

BTW, what's the root disk for? I don't think it was used for installation.

> Sounds like you there may be a media defect on the floppy you used for the
> rescue disk.  Use another floppy.  This is pretty common.
>
> Here is what I do do make a Debian boot floppy set.  It is kinda time
> consuming, but it has pretty much eliminated this kind of problem for me.
>
> DOS (Win95, whatever) format the stack of floppys that you plan to use for
> your installation set.  Watch the output messages.  If the format program
> marks any sectors as bad, toss the disk or at least dont use it to make
> your installation set.

          R   O   W   I   N   G
Jieyao  <jieyao@letterbox.com>  ICQ 836655

Don't waste your computer's time.