Re: serious picture and sound editing and drawing for linux?

On Fri, Jun 26, 1998 at 08:30:24AM -0700, Micha Feigin wrote:
> Any serious picture editing and drawing tools in the grade of
> photoshop or the likes of fractal painter?
> sound editing?
> Also is there a good video editing tools in the grade of premier?
> Thanx
The GIMP (http://www.gimp.org) should address most, if not all, of your graphics
needs. It is a free GPL'd Photoshop-like image manipulation tool.

As for sound, I recommend CERES SoundStudio, a very nice multitrack wav
editor/sampler/etc. It is commercial, but a demo is available on Sunsite.

As for video, The GIMP has some stuff you might find useful- it will load and
edit many types of animations, such as MPEG, but saving is currently not
supported for all formats yet.

| ian eure, network admin, freelance security consultant, and  |
| manically depressed paranoid schizophrenic, at your service. |
;           <ieure@minion.org> - http://minion.org             ;
:           raw speed = 105.6 wpm with 4.5% errors             :