Re: Linux print server, windows machines

Jay Barbee <sysjyb@adm105.adm.louisville.edu> wrote:

> ...agree with Jens... SAMBA is the way to go.  I wondered, just out of curiosity,
> was Win98 packaged with a LPR utility yet?  Thought since NT 4 does have
> the support maybe 98 did.

As far as I know the lpr command in Windows NT is command-line
oriented only. This means that normal applications like Word, etc. can
not print to a Unix printer using the lpr command, but I haven't
played with lpr in Windows NT yet...

peloy.-

--

Eloy A. Paris