Re: xterm

> On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Tim Sailer wrote:
>
> > It seems like somewhere along the way, xterms stopped calling themselves
> > 'xterm' but 'xterm-debian'. Nice. The rest of the world has no idea what
> > a 'xterm-debian' is. What do I have to hack to make it back into 'xterm'?
>
> in /etc/X11/Xresources is a line
>  	XTerm*termName: xterm-debian
> just edit

What will you lose by doing this?  I read the bug-report, but it leaves
me quite confused.  If the setting xterm is needed for external
connections (i.e., telnet to another unix machine, non-debian), and
xterm-debian for local xterms, how do you set things up to work properly
in amixed situation?

Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032