Re: Upgrade to hamm ! Should I do it !? :)

Nuno Carvalho said

>  Hi,
>
>   I'm using Debian 1.3.1 (bo) and I would like to download from ftp the
> Debian 2.0 (hamm)
> but it's Beta Test, right !?

It's been in testing for a long time and is *VERY* stable, IMO.
It hasn't been released yet because the folks running Debian feel that
there are too many bugs.  Too bad most commercial developers don't have
such high standards.  If Debian wher a MS product Hamm would have been released
a long time ago.  So would the umpteenth services packs to fix the whole
thing two or three times over!!

>  Should I wait till it wouldn't be beta test to have a more "stable"
> system !?

That's up to you.  Does Bo do everything you want?  Are there packages that
are only available in Hamm that you're interested in?  Are you willing to
do a little bug testing?

My personal opinion is that Hamm is quite usable and that some of the packages
it uses are an improvment over those in Bo.  I even have a couple of client
systems running Hamm...

>  Best regards,
>        Nuno Carvalho

As they say...Your Milage May Vary...yadda, yadda...
Stick

--
Chuck Stickelman, Owner			E-Mail:	<stick@richnet.net>
Practical Network Design		Voice:	+1-419-529-3841