Re: xbase , xlib

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Andrew Philip Bell wrote:

> Most debian X packages depend upon the xbase and xlib6 package.  However,
> I am using Accelerated-X and I should have all of the libraries and binaries
> that are necessary for all of these X packages.
>
> How do I effectively tell dpkg that I have xbase and xlib6 when I don't?  How
> can I keep deselect from attempting to update these packages?  Is anyone else
> in a similar situation (Accelerated-X, MetroX ....)?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I've been using AcceleratedX for about 3 years. I think xbase & xlib6 are still
nessesary if you compile any X programs from source. Just to make it easy on
yourself I'd include them if the packages state they need them, save yourself
a lot of problems, and arguments with dselect!

| Mike Nachlinger  (408) 446-9914  mnach@apres.org |
| Apres Ski Club   1-888-APRESGO   www.apres.org   |