Re: Selective install using apt-method in dselect

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Kent West wrote:

> Wow, seems like a major oversight. Even though I'm not a programmer
> (yet :-) ) and therefore can't fix it myself, it's nice to know that any
> programmer COULD take it upon himself to fix it, unlike that commercial
> software.

Well the trouble is how do you do it so that you don't accidently kill
your system if a package can't be found? What you really want is to
fragement the install into several '10meg' chunks that are independent and
consistent, you'd then run each chunk and erase the downloads as they
install.

It is not entirely simple to implement unfortunately :|

However, I recommend a carefull approach of using apt-get install on
select packages by hand.

Jason