minicom was: Re: DSelect and ftp

Robert-Jan Kuijvenhoven schrieb:

> When Robert-Jan Kuijvenhoven wrote, I replied:
>
> Try the command
>
> man minicom
>
> to learn about the minicom program for manipulating your modem.  I
> don't
> have personal experience with it, (when I need to do these things, I
> write
> a perl script or something to gain access to the port/modem) but I've
> seen messages to this list which have been enthusiastic about minicom.

I'm enthusiastic too because it makes exactly what You expect - not less
and not more.
I have to use a M$W95System for work, there is just the change for a
Modeminitstring from AT&F0 to AT&F1 a big problem because all these
stuff is hidden anywhere in cryptic-named files and for the normal user
not to see.

Matth