IP-aliasing

I have a one gateway with a 3c905b (Boomerang) running 2.2.2 just fine.
When I use ifconfig to alias an ip it works no problem.  On a different
machine, an HP Vectra, with a 3c905b? (Cyclone) and the IP-aliasing works
only with 2.0 kernels.  Weird.  I have compiled 2.2.2 for this Vectra 6
times with variuos kernel configs to try and narrow the problem.  No luck.
Then I copied my .config from the Gateway and compiled, no go.  I also
just copied the kernel image to the Vectra, no go.

Anyone have an idea why it would work on one machine and not another?  I
haven't swapped the NIC's because my box is the Gateway and I don't want
to lose my stability.  Selfish I guess. Anyways, does anyone have a
suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

-Ian

Ian Setford                                               ians@unt.edu

		PGP = F2 92 50 E3 CD D7 A2 D9  C4 CE 08 A6 98 E0 0F 58