Re: Documentation suggestion (was Re: Slink upgrade and xwindows)

 MB> <everything>->HTML conversion seems to be the most likely route
 MB> for those that want a standard interface at present.

I am strongly against having a _single_ interface to
documentation. Diversity is a good thing, IMHO, especially in this
case.

IMO man pages serve as a quick thorough overview and should be as
compact as possible. Info pages serve IMO a different need: they
should provide detailed information, perhaps for some more obscure or
advanced features. If _then_ somebody wants an html-interface, fine,
let him have a converter from man2html, texi2html, and perhaps
a2html. Sounds familiar ?

Holger

--
---          http://www.coling.uni-freiburg.de/~schauer/            ---
"Sometimes I think that the best evidence that there is intelligent life in