Re: Sound Board

Bob Nielsen wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, steven walsh wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Ed Cogburn wrote:
> > >
> > >     With 2.2, the config of sound drivers occurs outside the kernel
> > > config.  You can no longer build the sound modules into the
> > > kernel, they must be built as modules.  With sb16, for example I
> > > need a config line like:
> > >
> > >     options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x330
> >
> >       It does?  I did it all in "make menuconfig" and it worked fine.
> >       Yes, using 2.2.x
>
> The configuration of sound AS A MODULE has changed.  It is still valid to
> compile sound support into the kernel (except possibly for PnP sound
> cards).
>
> Bob

	I went back and looked at menuconfig, and Bob's right.  I don't
know how I got it so screwed up.  Anyway, when building the
drivers as *modules* you don't get the opportunity to set the
config options (irq,dma,etc).  The config stuff is either put in
'modules.conf' or provided on the command line that loads the
module, ie, "insmod sb <config options>".  When compiling into the
kernel, nothing has changed.
	Sorry about the mistake.

--
Ed C.