SOUND HELP

Maybe you can help me with this but I am using kernel 2.2.3 and I still can't get
sound to work I originall used OSS to find out what my settings were for sound and
this is what it should be

OSS/Linux 3.9.2f (C) 4Front Technologies 1996-1999

License serial number: E00000008
Open Sound System is licensed for evaluation purposes only.
License will expire after: 05/1999

*** Activity time of this evaluation version is limited ***

Build: 2.2.3-SMP

Card config:
Generic PnP support
SoundBlaster PnP at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1,1
OPL-2/OPL-3 FM at 0x388
SB MPU-401 at 0x330 irq 5

Audio devices:
0: Creative ViBRA16X PnP (4.16)

Synth devices:
0: Yamaha OPL-3

Midi devices:
0: Sound Blaster 16

Timers:
0: System clock

Mixers:
0: Sound Blaster

Know when I complied these  options into my kernel this is what I get

OSS/Free:3.8s2++-971130
Load type: Driver compiled into kernel
Kernel: Linux arrakis 2.2.3 #9 SMP Mon Mar 22 14:57:59 CST 1999 i686
Config options: 0

Installed drivers:
Type 26: MPU-401 (UART)
Type 2: Sound Blaster
Type 29: Sound Blaster PnP
Type 7: SB MPU-401

Card config:
(Sound Blaster at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1,1)
(SB MPU-401 at 0x330 irq 5 drq 0)

Audio devices:

Synth devices:

Midi devices:

Timers:
0: System clock

I don't undersand what I am doing wrong if anyone can help I would greatly appricate
it