Boot warning: SIOCSIFADDR

Hello,

when booting my debian 2.1. (kernel 2.0.36) I always get
a warning about SIOCSFADDR and similarly. Also, the system is
complaining about `ppp unknown'.

How can I switch off these messages? My kernel as an included ppp,
which I do not need for booting. I deactivated `ppp' in /etc/init.d
with `update-rc.d remove', but the warning still appears.
I also have got an Zip-drive (SCSI, since the whole box ist SCSI),
which is switched on during boot, but does not have a disk.
My former Linux did not complain on `SIOSFADDR' but only
noticed, that there is no disk.

Any help?

Thanks a lot
Johannes