Re: Changing IP address

Well,

I have now have the linux system working on my network.  I ended up changing the network
broadcast, and netmask to (XXX.XXX.XXX.0, XXX.XXX.XXX.255, and 255.255.255.0
respectively).  I do not know why I had to do this as my network mask was far more
restrictive 255.255.255.248 with my last ISP.  I guess I need to do a little more studying
on what each of these parameters do.

I do still have a few behavior problems (my network that is :) !

1. My windows 95 system can not see my linux samba server in network neighborhood (it use
to see it fine).  I can type in the link by hand \\linuxsystemid\username to create the
link.  Does anybody know if there is a parameter in samba that relates to system IP
addresses?

2. My router logs into the internet every time my windoze 95 system powers up and connects
to the samba servers.  I think this has to do with the netmask...

Thanks to everyone who has helped!

Doug