bug reporting

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Linux and tried to build a package on my slink system
using a potato source
package (apsfilter-5.1.1).   I couldn't build it with dbuild as the
error message said that the
diff file was larger than expected and exited.  When I used just the
source and used deb-make/build
it quit saying that line 58 of the Makefile was missing a seperator.  I
added a colon after the word include in the Makefile and everything was
fine.  My question is: should I submit this to the BTS?
I couldn't find any mention of this under apsfilter on the list.

Thanks

M.