PIIX Triton

I am 'attempting' to install linux on a very old Pentium 90, however
when it boots a Slink boot disk I receive the following error:

ide: i82371 PIIX (Triton) on PCI bus 0 function 57
  ide0: BM-DMA at 0x01f0-0x01f7
hda: ERROR, PORTS ALREADY IN USE

This error stems from the file, drivers/block/ide-probe.c, in the
linux source.  The only thing I can find on the web is regarding a
patch for kernel version 1.3.75, info from the patch is:

  * ide_init_triton() prepares the IDE driver for DMA operation.
  * This routine is called once, from ide.c during driver
  * initialization,
  * for each triton chipset which is found (unlikely to be more than
  * one).
[SNIP]
+       printk("ide: 430FX (Triton) on PCI bus %d function %d\n", bus, fn);

It seems that this error has been addressed in previous kernels, has
anyone else occcured this or know of a fix?

Dennis
--
Dennis Kelly <dpk@egr.msu.edu>
Network Adminstrator