Re: Managing a hybrid slink/potato Debian installation

On Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 07:19:02PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Is there a way to say apt that the system should be slink except for some
> packages (eg. wmaker, x11amp, gnome, wine) that should come from potato, so
> that I can safely issue an apt-get upgrade without being asked to download
> 63.1Mb of packages?

I don't know but it's a bad idea !
Wmaker, X11amp, gnome & wine depends on glibc2.1. So, if you install one of
these packages, you'll get the libc6_2.1 package. In other words, if you
have the glibc2.1, you can upgrade to potato. It's as unstable as a slink
with glibc2.1.

Can any1 tell us more ?

--
|    .                               ICQ      : 25529539
|    | |\  | |  | \  /               AIM      : linhax
|___ | |  \| |__| /  \               IRC nick : linhax
Sami Dalouche : samid@ifrance.com    DHIS     : pingoo.dhis.org