Re: Enter mail, end with a single ".".

On Wed, 07 Jul 1999 23:47:06 +1000 (EST), Jiri Baum wrote:

>> I think you don't get the point.
>>
>> He is trying to empty sendmail's queue, i.e. send pending messages to the
>> receiver-MTA.
>
>So he is. My mistake.
>
>Why is the sending MTA attempting to send a blank message, then? (If that's
>what it's trying to do?) May be an idea to check in its spool directory
>whether the relevant message-ID is corrupt in some way.

As I said, this need not be the case. It could simply be that the connection
times out, and that the receiver-SMTP therefore still expects something from
the sender-SMTP.

>> A typical dialog looks like this:
>>
>>   helo foobar
>
>Shouldn't that be "helo my.host.com" ?

Well, sure, I was just giving an example. I don't have the specs (RFC)
handy, but I think you should give your domain, not your hostname.

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\