Re: Enter mail, end with a single ".".

On Thu, 08 Jul 1999 22:22:54 +0200 (CEST), Rolf Edlund wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Rolf Edlund wrote:
>
>Have now found out, that my problem has something to do with mail size.
>
>  250 SIZE 2097152
>  >>> MAIL From:<roed@hem.utfors.se> SIZE=6697
>  250 2.5.0 Address and options OK.
>  >>> RCPT To:<roed@hem.utfors.se>
>  250 2.1.5 roed@hem.utfors.se OK.
>  >>> DATA
>  354 Enter mail, end with a single ".".
>  >>> .
>
>That mail won't send. But a small mail (like this), will be sent without
>any problem ?

What you are trying to do is send an empty message, i.e. even without
headers. This is not valid. You MUST at least provide something like

  From: me@my.host.com
  To: you@your.host.net

To the best of my knowledge this is the minimum you have to send during an
SMTP dialog. I can't look it up at the moment, however, since I don't have
the time to do so.

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\