Re: Toshiba Satellite 2520CDS

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Stanley J. Benes wrote:

> The toshiba laptops require special (kernel?) install called the tecra. I think
> it's on the 2.1 slink CD, but I don't have my machine by me right now to check.
> Try looking for and using this.

If you have slink on CD, the second disk boots with the Tecra disk image.
Otherwise, you're looking for a file resc1440-tecra.bin which you can
rawrite or dd to a floppy.

Using the Tecra disk worked when I was installing hamm on my 480CDT while
using the regular one didn't, so I think this should fix your boot
problem.

(For the curious, Tecra is a line of laptops from Toshiba.  Apparently the
problem that prevents Tecra laptops from booting also prevents other
recent Toshiba laptops from booting, too.)

Good luck!

--
William Ono <wmono@debian.org>                             PGP key: 0x93BA6AFD
 fingerprint = E3 64 C5 43 3E B3 2D A6  C6 D7 E3 45 90 24 78 DE = fingerprint