Video For Linux

Does any one have any experence with video4linux, or really what I am
looking for is bttv.  I have a ADS Tech Channel surfer (w/o the radio), it
has a BT848 chip set.  I tried the drivers in the 2.2.12 kernel with out
any luck (I am using xawtv out of potato), I then grabed the latest source
from the BTTV home page
(http://www.thp.uni-koeln.de/~rjkm/linux/bttv.html).  I did not edit the
makefile because my card was not listed, so I just compiled, and installed
the modules.  Now I have video, but it's B&W, and I don't have sound (this
could be a OSS problem?).  I have made all the odvous changes in xawtv
(set every thing to NTSC and Cable) but I still have only B&W, sound less
video, can some one help?

 		-Matt-

 kopishke@midcoast.com  |				     |
 http://www.state.me.us |  The mind is not a vessel to be    |
 Web Guru, Perl writer, | filled, it is a fire to be kindled |
 Windows basher, etc...	|	     -Plutarch		     |
  *Debian GNU/Linux*    |				     |