Re: pascal for linux

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Kenneth Scharf wrote:

> I was looking at porting a pascal program from dos to linux.  Besides
> having to write a device driver (as it twiddles the printer port
> directly) I would have to fix all references to the Borland runtime lib
> stuff.  I don't think that dosemu would fix all this (does dosemu allow
> direct access to hw?).  I think I might just re-write the thing into C
> and have an easier time.  (Wasn't there a Pascal-to-C converter package
> somewhere?  Thought I saw it in Bo or Hamm)

I kind of doubt dosemu would be happy about your program trying to access
the hardware directly, but I don't know for sure.  There is f2c, a
Fortran-to-C converter, but I am not aware of one for Pascal-to-C.  If
you're feeling ambitious, I'm sure no one would mind if you wrote a
converter.  Wish I could help, but I don't really know programming.