Re: Another try - help to fix arrow keys in X

Brian Servis wrote:

> *- On 23 Mar, Kent West wrote about "Another try - help to fix arrow keys in X"
> > Another try....
> >
> > Anyone know how to fix my non-functioning arrow keys, page-up/down keys,
> > etc in X? They work fine in the console mode. Not having these keys is
> > pretty crippling.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> What does xev say about them? (put the cursor over the window and hit
> the keys).  Perhaps you have the wrong keyboard layout defined in your
> XF86Config file.  What do you have in there under the Keyboard section?

I'm sorry; I didn't finish answering your question. Here's the keyboard
section from my XF86Config file:

Section "Keyboard"
   Protocol        "Standard"
   AutoRepeat      500 5
   LeftAlt         Meta
   RightAlt        Meta
   ScrollLock      Compose
   RightCtl        Control
   XkbKeycodes     "xfree86"
#   XkbTypes        "default"
#   XkbCompat       "default"
#   XkbSymbols      "us(pc101)"
#   XkbGeometry     "pc"
#   XkbRules        "xfree86"
   XkbModel        "pc104"
   XkbLayout       "us"
   XkbKeymap        "xfree86(us)"
EndSection

IIRC, originally there weren't any comments in here, but I looked at
another XF86Config file that didn't have those entries, so I commented
them out hoping that'd make a difference. It didn't.