Re: hda: lost interrupt

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 05:25:32PM -0500, Stephen R. Gore wrote:
> Jim McCloskey wrote:

> ---end quoted text---
>
> This looks to me like the message I get when I use a kernel with
> DMA enabled with a buggy mobo.  Try building a kernel with DMA
> disabled, or play with the package hdparm (or both).

Or, given that they are two laptops, it could be a bad or non-existant APM
support that prevents the kernel from correctly accessing the hdd after a
suspend/resume cycle.

Ciao,
Illo.

Ilario Nardinocchi, illo@CS.UniBO.IT - Computer Science Adept since 1982
                    illo@mclink.it

Know-nothing-bozo rule:
The views expressed above are entirely mine and do not represent the views,
policy or understanding of any other person or official body.