Re: ipchains firewalling question

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote:

> accordingly to the man page (ipchains(8)):
>
>  --destination-port [!] [port[:port]]
>               This  allows  separate  specifiction  of the ports.
>               See the description of the  -s  flag  for  details.
>               The flag --dport is an alias for this option.
>
> # ipchains --version
> ipchains 1.3.8, 27-Oct-1998
>
> so --dport should be ok.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I am running stable and get this:

# ipchains --version
ipchains 1.3.4, 19-May-1998

You must be running potato, and that must be one of the differences
between version 1.3.4 and 1.3.8 of ipchains, as it doesn't like this
either:

# ipchains -A input --destination-port 20 -j ACCEPT
ipchains: Unknown option `--destination-port'
Try `ipchains -h' for more information.

However, I think this would be equivalent:

# ipchains -A input -d 0/0 20 -j ACCEPT

Thanks,
Patrick