ide-scsi emulation problem

Hi,

  I have an ide/ATAPI cd writer and a cd-rom.  I compiled my kernel
with scsi emulation and at boot-up they're recognized, but, not
correctly.

  This is what's listed at boot-up:

scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
scsi : 1 host
  Vendor:                Model:36x CD-ROM     Rev: 2.F0
  Type: CD-ROM                        ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel0, id0, lun0
  Vendor: MITSUMI        Model: CR-2801TE     Rev: 1.06
  Type: CD-ROM                        ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr1 at scsi0, channel0, id1, lun0
scsi : detected 2 SCSI cdroms total.
sr0: scsi3-mmc  drive: 2x/24x  cd/rw  xa/form2 cdda tray
Uniform CDROM driver Revision: 2.55
sr1: scsi3-mmc  drive: 8x/8x writer  xa/form2 cdda tray

  When running 'cdrecord -scanbus', it lists both devices correctly,
however, it gives a (obvious) warning: "controller returns wrong
size for CD capabilities."

  How can I fix this?  I followed the directions in, both, the kernel
and cdrecord, as far as I know.

M.

p.s.  The cd-rom does work.  I can mount and use it.  The cdr doesn't
work at all.