Re: Fetchmail not exiting in ip-down

On Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 02:18:41AM -0000, Pollywog was heard to state:

> On 03-Sep-99 Damon Muller wrote:
> > I, like many of us here prolly, use fetchmail to grab my mail when I'm
> > online. As such, I've set up scripts in ip-up.d to start up fetchmail as
> > me to get my mail, and another in ip-down.d to stop fetchmail again when
> > I log off.
>
> I put 'killall fetchmail' in my /etc/diald/ip-down and have done this with
> PPP's ip-down also and it has worked for me.

Actually, I've recently worked out that another of my files in ip-down.d
doesn't run either. It's just a very small script to play a sound file
to let me know if the modem has disconnected when I don't want it to. It
looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/bplay /dos/c/windows/media/bleep.wav

Pretty simple, and works find when I run it manually, but it doesn't
seem to run when the PPP connection goes down.

Don't know if it's relevant or not, but I usually controll the PPP
connection using the GNOME Modem Lights Applet, which calls pon and
poff.

Cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller (dm-sig6@empire.net.au) /  It's not a sense of humor.
* Criminologist                     /  It's a sense of irony