Re: xterm-menus not working

On Sun, 5 Sep 1999, Keith Harbaugh wrote:

> I had exactly the same problem you originally described, shrunken xterm-menus,
> when I originally used for the geometry resource what the X people call
> "loose resource specifications", with the `*',
> which modifies the geometry of *all* widgets subordinate to the XTerm class.
> But the problem immediately went away when I switched to a
> "tight resource specification", namely, 'XTerm.vt100.geometry: whatever',
> which only influences the geometry of the XTerm vt100 widget,
> but not the geometry of the menu widgets.
>
> In your case, you still have the loose specification
> > XTerm*geometry: 80x24
> which would likewise be impacting the menu widgets.

Thanks Keith.  That did it.  After changing my .Xdefaults to
Xterm.vt.geometry in stead of using * the menus are usable.  In which
documentation did you find that?

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded
      us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is
      high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward
      them that fear him. As far as the east is from the
      west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from
      us."     Psalms 103:10-12