Re: ALSA is miserable. (Help?)

On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 07:17:06PM +0200, lexchive@iname.com wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 12:50:55PM -0400, Jonathan Markevich wrote:
> >
> > What am I missing?  Where are the drivers?  Is this usable at all or should
> > I try OSS/Free again?  (cursed miserable closed source drivers...)
> >
> Stupid question:
> You did actually compile the drivers, didnt you? The alsa package you
> downloaded only contains the source for those...

Not stupid, just far from obvious.  I didn't download anything.  I have the
official binary CDs.  Is there something in the source distribution that I
need and must download?  I have alsa-modules, alsalib and alsautils
installed.

Personally, I'd imagine alsa-modules would have alsa modules in it, but then
again, I'm an idealist.

> Just wanted to make sure before wasting time with config q :)

Understood.  Hit the obvious first!

--
Jonathan Markevich <debian@markevich.ourfamily.com>
http://members.xoom.com/JMarkevich