mutt, signitures, and ^M

Hi all, I'm having a stupid problem with mutt or emacs... don't know
which.

I have a sig setup (which looks normal when I edit it regularly using
vim or emacs), but when I go to send the a mail in mutt, it fires up
my default editor (emacs), and puts the signiture in there.  At the
end of every signiture line is a ^M.  If I delete the ^M, the sig will
look ok (hopefully like it is below).  If I don't, all the lines of
the sig will be glommed together.

I'm not setting any funky charset that I know of, and I'm sure I'm
just on the clueless boat with this one, so any help will be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks!
-Jonathan

--