Re: mutt, signitures, and ^M

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 10:27:52PM -0400, Jonathan Lupa wrote:

   Hi all, I'm having a stupid problem with mutt or emacs... don't
   know which.

   I have a sig setup (which looks normal when I edit it regularly
   using vim or emacs), but when I go to send the a mail in mutt, it
   fires up my default editor (emacs), and puts the signiture in
   there.  At the end of every signiture line is a ^M.  If I delete
   the ^M, the sig will look ok (hopefully like it is below).  If I
   don't, all the lines of the sig will be glommed together.

   I'm not setting any funky charset that I know of, and I'm sure I'm
   just on the clueless boat with this one, so any help will be
   greatly appreciated!

Your sig is in DOS format, try the following:

  prompt$ perl -pi -e 's/\r//;' ~/.signature

(You may need to replace ~/.signature to your corresponding sig file
if it differs from my example)

Dennis
--
Dennis Kelly                    email: dpk@egr.msu.edu