Re: Dallas Semiconductor Thermochron iButtons and tempature

>   Is there anybody on the list using or experimenting with Dallas
>   Semiconductor IButtons? I recently ordered the DS9490B 1 wire USB
>   bridge and a DS1921G-F5 Thermocron temperature logger.

  I received one in the mail yesterday and have it working with my
debian woody system (2.4.23 kernel).  I used

    <ftp://ftp.dalsemi.com/pub/auto_id/public/libusblinux300.tar.gz>

which contains both source and precompiled linux binaries.  The
binaries relavant to the DS1921G are:

   thermodl    : Download data from the DS1921G
   thermoms    : Upload a new "mission" to the DS1921G

I believe these need to be run as root to access the USB port.  I used:

   sudo ./thermoms DS2490-001

with the DS9490B plugged into the first USB port.

For what it is worth, I also changed "localtime" to "gmtime" in
thermo21.c because I prefer the onboard RTC to use universal time.  I also
plan to rewrite thermodl to produce an output that is something more
akin to my taste.

Good luck,
--John