convert jpg 2 pdf memory ?

Hey all,

I have about 280 jpg's of approximately 250k each that I am trying
to convert into a single pdf.  I keep running out of memory.  I
can convert about 50 or 60 at a time just fine but if I try to convert
75 I run out of memory.  What are my possible workarounds so that I
can convert all of the jpg's into a single pdf?  Is there a buffer
or memory command in convert I might use?  I could create 6 pdf's.
If I did this is there a way to convert these 6 pdf's into a single pdf?

I am running a SMP AMD 1.8G machine with 1G memory.  Kind of suprised
I ran out of memory on this task actually.

Lance

--

                                Lance Hoffmeyer
                              lance@augustmail.com

  It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubbornness of an incorrigible
                        nonconformist warmly acclaimed.
                                       -
                                Albert Einstein