Re: Firefox no print issue [SOLVED]

Almut Behrens wrote:

OK, seriously, I'm getting the impression that, for whatever reason,
your printer somehow got inadvertendly misconfigured to no longer use
ESP technology.
This impression of yours turns out to be the entire solution to the problem. Somehow the setting had been changed. I will probably never know how (or who). I reset it to ESP and everything prints, including Firefox! I never considered the printer as the problem because "I" had not changed it. I printed the settings sheet and will keep it on file so we have a record of how it should be configured.

If that should still leave you in a "no luck" situation, then please
see what happens when using

$ lpr -o raw <psfile>

as I suggested in my previous post (and make sure that %!PS actually
does appear directly at the beginning of the file...).

Even though the problem was solved I tried this. No code, the file just prints. Oh well, something for another time.

(I assume you already have a hardcopy version of that manual -- just to
make sure we're talking about the same thing)

When the printer was donated I remember seeing a file folder stuffed full of documentation. I don't think anyone knows for sure where it is now. I will probably have to print what you found.

Just to try to tie as many threads together as possible, Nicos Gollan reccomended removing xprint. Which I did, with no apparent ill effects.

Thanks for sticking with this, folks.

Jim